Leftover Crust Ideas
Save leftover Crusts in a large airtight freezer bag or container. When you have enough crusts saved to make a batch do the following:
1. Remove full bag or container from freezer.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
3. Mix your favorite fresh or dried herbs and spices with 1/4 cup olive oil.
4. Lightly brush flavored oil on both sides of leftover crusts.
5. Cut into cubes the size of your choice.
6. Spread cubes in single layer on large baking sheet.
7. Bake until cubes are dry and crisp. Time will depend on the size and thickness of cubes, about 20 minutes.
8. Let cool completely.
9. Store in an airtight container.
10. Use within one week or freeze up to 6 months.
Tips: 1 Use low-fat dressing for a low-fat alternative to oil. 1 Croûtons can be ground up and used like bread crumbs. Use bread crusts to also make bread pudding, make crumbs to top casseroles, or spend a day in the park with the kids feeding the ducks. Don't forget to pack a lunch with some freshly made Krustbuster sandwiches !